Demo seed potatoes
You are growing seed potatoes and the following cultivars are available:
- Bintje (susceptible to all pathotypes of the potato cyst nematode)
- Innovator (susceptible to G. rostochiensis (pathotypes A, B and C), highly resistant to G. pallida (pathotypes D and E).
- Last soil fumigation carried out in 2004.
- Last potato crop (Bintje) in 2007.
- After the 2007 crop a voluntary AMI (PCN Intensive) sampling was carried out (about 6.5 kg soil from 1 ha). One viable potato cyst (G. pallida) was detected.
- In February 2010 the field was sampled once more using the statutory Amex600: 1 ha soil sampling method (600 ml soil from 1 ha) and the field was officially declared PCN free.
- You grow seed potatoes in a 1:3 crop rotation.
How does your seed potato growing programme look like for the first 4 years?
Compare chances of formal scheduling of the four scenarios